It’s a certainty that in today’s digital world, every business needs to have a presence on social media. However, it goes beyond that. It really requires an active well-executed presence. Otherwise, your social media efforts will be an exercise in futility and a waste of valuable time.
How Often Should You Post on Social Media?
It is important to develop your social media posting plan and schedule based on your industry and audience—where and when they spend their time. Know that if you post infrequently or inconsistently, your audience will forget you. Too frequent postings will make you an avoidable nuisance.
These posting frequencies are a suggested starting point for you to adjust with your own experience, based on what you can manage and the results that you get:
- Facebook: Posting once each day may be optimal with no more than 2 per day.
- Instagram: Post 1-2 times each day.
- Twitter: Post 5-10 times each day. (Tweets have a short lifespan of about 18 minutes, so post more often and space them out.)
- LinkedIn: Post about once per business day.
- Pinterest: Post about 5 pins per day; more if you have lots of content to share.
Hints for Effective Social Media
In addition, consider these important hints for social media effectiveness:
- Don’t try to do everything at once. Make sure that your efforts are focused on the channels that have the most impact for you—ones that your customers like most and spend the most time on. Also, make sure that you can deliver good content and a consistent posting schedule.
- Publish at the most effective times when your followers are online and paying attention.
- Engage genuinely and respond promptly.
- Create content that is informative, interesting and relevant to your audience.
Get Expert Social Media Marketing Assistance
Contact Pinpoint Digital Solutions, based in Saddlebrook, NJ to grow your business with an effective digital marketing strategy and tactics. We offer customized planning and complete digital marketing services to meet your needs.