Ok. You’re excited about starting your own business. You have a great idea and you’d like to change your world. Now, picture the New York Marathon—the largest marathon in the world. In its latest running, there were 52,812 finishers. Imagine that! That’s a lot like today’s business environment—lots of “runners” in the race. An essential challenge for startups is to stand out among the “runners” and digital marketing strategies should be at the top of your list as you begin your business race. As Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop said, “Whatever you do, be different—that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out.”
Do I Need Digital Marketing Strategies?
In a word, yes! It works and has dramatically gained prominence in today’s crowded marketing environment. Digital marketing offers less expense, more flexibility, finer targeting, and better measurement than traditional media.
9 Digital Marketing Strategies
Use these 9 digital marketing strategies for startups to achieve the growth and success that you dream of:
- Start with a plan. The natural temptation is to jump in and do ‘stuff.’ But, before you rush to action, build your plan, including your central brand identity, differentiating qualities and definition of your target audience.
- Build a great website. One that is optimized for use, has the full functional ability, is designed attractively, has informative content and is optimized for search (SEO.)
- Optimize website forms and landing pages for conversion.
- Set up Social Media platforms.
- Deliver regular and effective content. Educate your customers. Engage with them. Learn from them.
- Execute pay per click marketing. You can start with small investments and gain ground with experience.
- Track your progress.
- Use email campaigns.
- Don’t go it alone. Identify what resources you will need to execute your digital marketing strategies.
Seek Expert Digital Marketing Assistance
Contact Pinpoint Digital Solutions for a full range of high-quality digital marketing capabilities, custom-tailored to help small companies succeed.